Monday, January 16, 2006

awkward

Yesterday, while buying beer at Randall's:

Checkout guy: (noticing my teeth are chattering) Cold?
Me: Yes.
CG: How can you be cold?
Me: What can I say? Texas born and bred.
CG: (indicating his short-sleeved shirt) Well, I'm from California!
Me: Well, uhh...I guess I'm a wimp. (Handing him the beer)
CG: ID?

I hand him my ID, he rings it up, I swipe my credit card. A middle-aged guy then walked up in line next to me.

Middle-aged guy: (to CG) Did you check her ID??
Me: I'm 25.
Middle-aged: No way!
Me: Way.
CG: I'm 18!
Me: Yeah...(mumbling something about feeling old, and how time goes so fast that I'll wake up tomorrow and be 40 or something)
CG: It's a good thing you aren't waking up 40 in my family!
Me: Um...why?
CG: Because if you did, we'd spray you with Silly String!

Does this ever happen to anybody else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home