Tuesday, November 08, 2005

On TV

Now that Sex and the City isn't only on HBO anymore, I've watched a few episodes and I have to say I don't really get all the fuss. Carrie and Charlotte annoy me. I don't really have any opinion on Miranda. In fact, if I had to pick a favorite character (after all of three eps), it'd be Samantha. (No, I'm not a sex fiend. She just seems way less needy than the others.)

In all fairness, I've only seen 3.5 episodes, so it may be too early to tell. But it was on earlier and I had to turn it off because Charlotte was giving her fiance puppy-dog eyes so he'd buy the $13,000 china at Bergdorf Goodman. Seriously, isn't she an attorney or whatever? She can buy her own stinkin' overpriced china.

Does anyone else hate that Citibank commercial where the guy is searching for the credit card bill, and his wife comes home, and he says "Honey, have you seen the credit card bill?" And his wife--who is incongruously carrying a potted cactus--says, in a faintly airheaded manner, "Oh....I think I might have thrown it away." Hello? If you know right off the bat that you threw it away, why didn't you look for it as soon as you threw it away? The argument that she didn't know she'd thrown it away and so couldn't look for it doesn't hold any water, because if she didn't know, she would've responded with an "Oh--is it not in that pile of papers on the desk?" Or "I think it might be with all the other bills on the kitchen counter." And THEN if she couldn't find it, then she could say, "Oh crap. I must've accidentally tossed it." But no. Gah. (Citibank, what happened? Your commercials used to be hilarious.)

I also hate the Jack-in-the-Box commercial where Jack tries to order lunch, only to discover he doesn't have his wallet. The girl behind the counter is astoundingly flip and stupid. I guess that's the point of the commercial. But it's still annoying.

There was a third commercial I hated, but I guess I don't hate it that much because I don't remember what it is.

Conan is on now. I love Conan.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conan is my hero.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home