Wednesday, October 26, 2005

happy

It has come to my attention that nearly all my posts have an angry tone, or at the least, a mildly irritated one. I wish to assure you, dear reader, that in reality, I'm actually all sunshine and roses. I just never have cause to write about the sunshiny things. Besides, happiness has less entertainment value.

But, in an effort to present a more fair and balanced view of my personality, some things I love, without irony:

Wallaby vanilla yogurt. This stuff is seriously the best yogurt ever. While other vanilla yogurts are often gelatinous, slightly sour, and completely un-vanilla-like, Wallaby actually tastes like vanilla and has the texture of English clotted cream (sounds disgusting but is quite scrumptious). I could eat it three meals a day if that whole malnutrition thing weren't an issue. If you're not yet convinced, I wasn't even a big yogurt fan before. (It's like guys. They always say they're afraid of commitment, but they aren't. They're just afraid of commitment to the wrong girl. Similarly, I always said I didn't like yogurt, but that wasn't true--I just hadn't found the right one yet. But I have now! *bats eyelashes*)

Patty Griffin, Madeleine Peyroux, and Wilco. If some thief were to steal my entire CD collection and inexplicably leave only the albums of these three artists, I would be okay with that. Well, not okay, but there would be slightly less angry screaming involved.

My car. It's so cute. I'm also glad I got one before they redesigned it to look like the love child of an Audi and a Corolla. (Audis and Corollas independently? Cute. Together? Meh.)

The Combination breakfast at Red River Cafe. Mmmm...pancakes.

Bacon.

Pom pomegranate juice. So tasty. So good for you. Ounce for ounce, almost as expensive as a bottle of chardonnay (the cheap stuff, but still.).

The contents of this list will probably do more to convince people that I'm a Central Market whore and less to convince them that I'm actually a well-adjusted person, but, eh. I likes what I likes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home