Friday, July 27, 2007

more ridiculosity

Ridiculous conversation #4
SF: You know what I think would be really lucrative? A train link between Dallas and Houston.
Me: ...wait, are you kidding?
SF: What, you don't think it would make money?
Me: Well, sort of...I think Amtrak already has a Dallas-Houston route, but I don't think it does so well.
SF: Wait, Amtrak carries passengers?
Me: (staring)
SF: No, really, it carries passengers?
Me: Yeeess....
SF: Wow, I totally didn't know that. I mean, I knew they were a train company. I just didn't know they carried people. I thought they just carried cargo.
Me: Soo...when you read news stories about an Amtrak train derailing and it talks about "casualties," what did you think that meant?
SF: I dunno, luggage?

Ridiculous conversation #5
SF: Hey S, how much is tuition every semester?
Me: Probably about $8500, since I take out a $10000 loan every semester and usually have $1500 left after tuition is paid.
SF: Huh. That doesn't leave much for living expenses.
Me: No, it doesn't.
SF: So what do people do?
Me: I dunno, take out private loans, work at a big firm, get help from their parents...
SF: I see.
Me: Wait, we're about to start our 3rd year of law school and you're just now wondering how much tuition is?
SF: Well, I was thinking about the living expenses and I just couldn't figure out where my money was coming from.
Me: Well, that's a nice problem to have.
SF: No, really...clearly I'm spending more than $1500 on living expenses a semester, but I haven't taken out private loans or anything, so I don't know how I'm doing it.
Me: ....
--30 minutes later--
SF: Oh wait! I know where the money's coming from. I have a scholarship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home