Thursday, May 31, 2007

on being the scum of the earth

Turns out the guy that flew to Europe--despite being warned he had a drug-resistant strain of tuberculosis and shouldn't travel--is a lawyer. Nice.

Why are lawyers always in the news for being jackasses? Is it just that I notice the jackassery of lawyers more than I do general jackassery? Or is it that the incidence of jackassery in the legal population really is higher than it is in the population at large? For instance, the infamous auto admit incident. You don't hear about stuff like that happening in med school.

I like law school (the people, not so much the classes). Yes, there are some jerks, but I haven't met anyone I'd think capable of the newsmaking jackassery mentioned above. I can't decide if lawyers start out as nice people who turn into jackasses to deal with the soul-sucking competitiveness of law school and the legal profession, or if it's just that the legal profession attracts jackasses. I'll let you know in a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home